All books that are not available in our library but are available at other libraries and articles that cannot be accessed through our subscriptions can be obtained by all our library users. You can search the ULAKBIM Discovery Search Engine for books, articles, theses or project reports and request the works that you find.
We kindly request that our users complete the Interlibrary Loan/ Document Delivery Form for books or articles electronically.
Requested books are sent to our library by the relevant institution. Users can then pick up the book from our library.
Requested books are sent by mail. Shipping fees must be paid by the person requesting the book. Users who do not return books on time must comply with the rules of the loaner institution.
Requests for scientific articles that are not in our library databases are handled by ULAKBIM (National Academic Network and Information Center) with the document delivery fees given below. The fee is paid by the user after the article arrives at our library.
Document Delivery Fee and Payment Information (Fees applied by ULAKBİM)
1) Documents obtained from within Turkey: 1.5 TL per article, plus 5 TL shipping fee.
2) Documents obtained from abroad: According to the type of document requested, the following fees in US dollars are converted to Turkish Lira according to the exchange rate on that date.
* Each article from the British Library (UK) costs $20 regardless of the number of pages.
* International dissertations cost $60 and book loans cost $30.
* Fees of documents obtained from foreign sources vary according to the source. In addition to the fees of the documents themselves, there is also a shipping fee.
- Search the National Database to search the databases of Turkey’s libraries.
- Search for article requests in the ULAKBİM Periodical Database.
- Access theses completed in Turkey through the YÖK Thesis Center.
- You can access some theses from abroad free of charge at www.ndltd.org .
- You can browse TÜBİTAK Project Reports here.