MISSION: Our mission is to provide information in any format required and to meet the information needs of users, as a part of university education and scientific research-development activities.
VISION: We are a source of academic knowledge and are an important partner that provides to improve the learning environment of Iztech continuously.
QUALITY POLICY: In order to collect the fundamental information and source of informations necessary for Institute’s education, training and research activities to take place and to offer to users in the best and fastest way,our policy is to constantly enhance and develop our E-Library, User, Technical and Administrative Employments and business processes, which are within the scope of duties and responsibilities of Head of Department, to answer the needs and expectations of today and future of our shareholders by sticking to structural terms and principles of Quality Management System.
Izmir Institute of Technology Library, which has a dynamic nature and is a pioneer of change, aims to support education, instruction and research programmes and to meet the needs of academics, students and other staff for every kind of information and document from the most reliable sources.
IZTECH Library was founded 1992 and moved to own building in 2007. As a result of the meeting in Hungary on April 8-12, 2008 prepared by LIBER (Ligue des Bibliothéques Européennes de Recherche) Architecture Group, it became one of the most 29 eminent library buildings made in the last 4 years in Europe. This modern library, with a 6100 m2 indoor space and seating capacity for 1.000 people, increases the number of printed, electronic and visual collections every year to meet all user needs. The library serves its users with databases, book collections, periodicals, IZTECH theses, individual and group study rooms, multimedia rooms, a mind games hall, electronic library, two meeting rooms, a performing art center, and a mini cafeteria which is photocopy-printing center also.
With its strong infrastructure, the library, closely following technology, provides its users with the chance to carry out all their operations electronically anywhere with an internet connection. For examples; extending, reserving etc…
Quick and Easy Access Possibilities for Reliable Information:
- IZTECH Library offers to access library catalogue via SirsiDynix Symphony Integrated Library System. With the Symphony system, the library can benefit from intuitive, robust technology with all the bells and whistles, a rich patron interface, and a fully adaptable, expandable and customizable platform. SirsiDynix’s premium discovery tools updated with eResource Central integration and EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) integration. eResource Central (eRC) integration. eRC integration lets library users search electronic content alongside physical content, see real-time availability and previews for electronic content, and download most titles from within Enterprise or Portfolio.EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) integration. EDS integration brings EBSCO content to the search interface of Enterprise and Portfolio, giving library users faceted searches of EBSCO databases through a familiar interface.
- IZTECH Library offers to integrated search of subscribed electronic resources and display the results in one with “IYTExplore” service. Users can access all resources easily and faster.
- It’s possible to search the library catalog and place holds on materials of interest right from the library’s Facebook page.
- Library catalog can be searched with mobile devices.
- Off-Campus Access to databases is possible with EzProxy.
IZTECH Library is a member of ANKOS (Anatolian University Libraries Consortium), TÜBİTAK-EKUAL (Electronic Resources National Academic License), LIBER (The Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche), IATUL (International Association of Technological University Libraries), EuroCris (Current Research Information Systems) and COAR (the Confederation of Open Access Repositories)
Office Hours :
Monday – Friday 08.45 am – 01.00 am
Saturday – Sunday 12:00 – 01:00 am
Mobile Web Site : http://library.iyte.edu.tr/m/